Pursuant to the Maryland RELIEF Act of 2021, funds have been made available to the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (“MEDAAF”) to be used to provide grants to businesses to assist the business in setting up an online sales framework and offering employees telework opportunities.
Carroll County has secured a limited amount of these funds to distribute to Carroll-based businesses. Carroll County is offering reimbursement grants of up to $1,000 to individual businesses that have made expenditures to online sales frameworks and/or telework opportunities for their employees.
Priority will be given to applicants who have NOT received a COVID-19 Business Relief Grant or Loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce (this does not include programs administered by Carroll County).
- Businesses with 20 or more employees (excluding the owner)
- Non-profit organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- Real estate holding companies
- Independent contractors (including realtors, hair stylists, multi-level marketing, etc.)
- National/regional chains and publicly traded companies/franchises
Businesses which apply for the grant program:
- Must have been established and operating prior to March 9, 2020
- Be located and currently open & operating in a Carroll County Commercial/Industrial Zone
- Be a for-profit entity
- Be registered in good standing with the State of Maryland and Carroll County. Visit https://dat.maryland.gov/businesses/Pages/Internet-Certificate-of-Status.aspx to obtain certificate of status (Certificate of Good Standing may be provided via screenshot or printed from the webpage – no need to pay for official certificate)
- Must be current on all taxes owed to Carroll County and/or the State of Maryland
Reimbursement Grants of up to $1,000 for expenses incurred after March 2020 up to date of application that were not previously reimbursed in other federal, state, or county grant programs.