News Flash

COVID-19 News

Posted on: April 1, 2021

Shuttered Venue Operator Grant & Restaurant Revitalization Fund

If any businesses are planning on seeking funding through either the Shuttered Venue Operator Grant or through the Restaurant Revitalization Fund they will need to be registered in SAM prior to applying. The steps to apply with SAM are below:

  • First, you will need to establish a User Account with the Government.  This can be done on the website:   The process is very easy.
  • Second you will need to sign up for a DUNS number.  This can be done on a website:  (A DUNS number is a nine-digit number used to register a business with the Federal Government for Contracts or Grants.  Since the RRF is a grant, this will be a requirement.  It could take a day or two to obtain this number so I would recommend applying for this number right away.
  • Third, use your user account and your DUNS number to register with sam.govSAM stands for System for Awards Management which is used by the Federal Government.   
  • WARNING: Beware of scams when registering with SAM, you do not need to pay anything to complete your registration.

Facebook Twitter Email